Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cailey's first actual drawing, not just scribbles!

September 30th, Cailey first chalk drawing of people!!
We were both just having some fun with the chalk and I looked over and saw her drawing people!!! In the first picture the middle person was her first one. The arms are a little too low, but you can see in the other two that they are in the right place. She would do the head, body & arms/legs each in a different color. Of course I had to go get my camera to take pictures & to get Richard to come out and look at it. I was proud of my little artist.



2 comments:

Andrew said...

You know she's learning this skill just by being around her uncle Andrew so much. I don't even have to draw in front of her, she just siphons it from me.

Also, in the third picture from the top, her expression has a sort of Lucille Ball quality. Like maybe Ricky has just confronted her about drawing all over their driveway. "Looo-cy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

Jane said...

She inherited her artistic ability from her Aunt Jane. I was drawing whole families when I was about her age and making them look alike. It's in her BLOOD...not being siphoned!! ;)